Modelling and building the Optimal Dense low noise Surface (2011-2016)*
* Note that the DEUFRABASE is only a small part of the whole research project
The ODSurf project is following the previous P2RN project dealing with the emission and propagation of rolling noise, carried out in the framework of the German-French collaboration DEUFRAKO. During P2RN, an optimum pavement texture in terms of the noise emission was calculated. The ODSurf project was mainly dedicated to the development and implementation of low noise new technologies and new materials adapted to urban environment. Original solutions have been investigated, implemented and tested on-site. In parallel to these technological approaches, new models have been developed to better characterize various physical phenomena produced when a tire is rolling on a textured pavement. Vibration phenomena, air pumping and the horn effect were specifically studied and the main results are detailed in this document. In addition to the modelling approach, this project includes a strong experimental component useful for model validation and also to allow an acoustic classification of road surfaces. Lastly, within the ODSURF project context, the DEUFRABASE was updated.
- Ifsttar (french leader)
- Bast (leader of the German part of the project)
- ADEME (funding, contract N°11 17 C0038)
Download the final report from the ADEME website:
- F. CONTE, Ph. KLEIN, 3D CFD modelling of air pumping noise from road cavities with constant volume, Internoise 2013 Congress, Innsbruck, Autriche, September 2013.
- B. WANG, D. DUHAMEL, Calculation of the three-dimensional sound pressure field around bodies with macro porosities, ICSV 21, Beijing, China, July 13-17, 2014.
- M. BÉRENGIER, P.J. GUSIA,ODSURF: Optimized low noise urban road surfaces, Internoise 2014, Melbourne, Australia, November 2014.
- F. CONTE, P. KLEIN, M. BÉRENGIER, Investigating lateral porosity effect on air pumping noise from connected road cavities with CFD simulations. Internoise 2014, Melbourne, Australia, November 2014.
- J. CESBRON, Ph. KLEIN, V. GARY, et J.-M. CLAIRET, On site acoustic characterization of optimized very thin asphalt concretes, Euronoise 2015, Maastricht, The Netherlands, 2015, p. 1303-1308.
- Ph. KLEIN, J. CESBRON, A 3D envelopment procedure for tyre belt radiated noise level prediction, Internoise 2016, Hambourg, Germany, August 21-24, 2016.
- J. CESBRON, M. BÉRENGIER, P.J. GUSIA, ODSURF project : Modelling and experimental optimization of low noise pavements, Internoise 2016, Hambourg, Germany, August 21-24, 2016.
- B. WANG, D. DUHAMEL, Calcul de l’effet dièdre d’un pneumatique avec des sculptures, Congrès Français d'Acoustique, Poitiers, France, April 22-25, 2014.
- J. CESBRON, Ph. KLEIN, Une nouvelle base de données texture/bruit pour la prévision du bruit de contact pneumatique/chaussée, Congrès Français d’Acoustique, Le Mans, France, April 11-15, 2014.
- M. BÉRENGIER, P.J. GUSIA, Revêtements de chaussée peu bruyants pour le milieu urbain : bilan du projet ODSURF, Congrès Français d’Acoustique, Le Mans, France, April 11-15, 2016.
- D. DUHAMEL, B. WANG, Etude de réseaux de résonateurs acoustiques pour la réduction du bruit de contact pneumatique chaussée, Congrès Français d'Acoustique, Le Mans, France, April 11-15, 2016.